On a more positive note, I am thinking of all the millions of DIY projects and decorating that will take place in our new house…. and a FABULOUS master closet. There will be lots of new exciting content coming soon!
Happy Tuesday! Daniel left today for the next few weeks so I am keeping myself busy with all our upcoming adventures. We close on our new house in just a few short weeks and it’s really starting to sink in that the days are numbered in this house. I am beyond excited to start our new chapter, but there is something really bittersweet about leaving our first little home.
Maybe it’s because Dan left and I am having a glass of cab by myself, but for not being the most sentimental person, I’m feeling extra nostalgic. I have some of the best memories in this home.
* This was my first house, purchased all by myself. Quite the milestone from where I was a few years before.
* We celebrated multiple holidays here. 3 Christmases, 2 Thanksgivings, Easter, and lots of family birthdays.
* I stopped eating like a glorified college student ( think bagged salads, microwaveable dinners, canned soups ) and found a new love for cooking.
* I have memories of both my grandmother’s in this house, both now passed, and are such strong role models in my life. I think about them both each and every day.
* I completed around 89234678245 DIY projects. Thank you Pinterest. Some successful, some never again.
* Dan and I tackled our first major home remodeling projects.
* We met our dear neighbors, who have been there for me more times than I can count. They have become like family and will most definitely be life-long friends.
* My father-in-law hand built our kitchen cabinets.
* We were engaged in our living room.
Okay enough of the sappy post.
Hope you are having a great week and thanks for stopping by!